The Indoor Trainer Guide
Home Delivery available to all 5 boroughs
Choose trainer delivery at checkout and we will be in touch to arrange delivery details.
Reasons to consider an indoor bike trainer:
- Enjoy a bike ride without worrying about traffic or weather.
- Get a workout without leaving home - no mask necessary.
- Use the bike you already own. You don't need a fancy bike! Plus, trainers are small and easy to store away.
- More cost effective than a peloton or other stationary bike.
- Connect to your fitness apps or just watch your favorite shows while you sweat.
- There are lots of accessories - You can have as simple or complicated set up as you like.
Virtual Motivation Options:
Apps like Zwift and Rouvy integrate with your smart trainer so you can participate in virtual group rides on virtual routes. Compete with friends and pros across the globe.
Indoor smart trainers use automated changes in resistance to simulate road conditions and inclines. Work on intervals and climbing as if you were outside, minus the traffic.
Use training apps like TrainerRoad for highly focused workouts. It's like having your own personal coach to help you work on posture, pedal stroke, and mental endurance.
Two Main Types of Trainers:
These trainers attach directly to your bike drivetrain.
Get more accurate metrics than a wheel-on trainer
Feels as natural as riding outside
Quieter than traditional trainers and rollers
Requires an extra cassette and assembly (We can help!)
Moderate transition time between training and outdoor rides
Can be bulky and hard to move
Resistance is applied to your back wheel via a roller.
Attach your bike without any added hardware
Easily go between riding inside and outside
Lightweight and easy to move
Can wear out the rear tire
Tire can slip while training
Requires frequent re-calibration
Can be a bit loud for your downstairs neighbors